In Vision...

As we begin a new year the need to reaffirm the vision for our lives becomes important. I cannot begin to tell you how many people I have talked to who have said that 2010 was a very difficult year for them and how much they were looking forward to 2011. With all that hope and energy why not design a vision board for yourself? Not only is this a great way to visualize your life's work and what you mission is, but it also gives a sign to the Universe to say: "Hello...I am waiting for all these fabulous possibilities and appreciate your help!" (P.S. gratitude is a must!)

A few Sunday's ago, I co-hosted a vision board/creativity day with some of my closes friends. The energy in the room was palpable, the laughter was contagious and the boards - well all I can say is that they are inspiring. Your probably thinking - "why do I need a vision board. I know what I want from my career, family, etc..." Think of it this way, sometimes in the craziness of life, we lose sight or get frustrated with the way things are going - say in our career. Having a vision board placed somewhere you can see it daily helps to give you the inspiration and drive to pick-up the pieces after that "bad day", reminds you of where are going, and helps you to start again. Realizing that you vision is MORE than the day you had helps you to regroup and get back on track. We used vibrant colors and affirming sayings on our boards. I pasted the words: "Why Not?" and then right below it I wrote: "Expect Success, Be Paid What I am Worth, Be Happy".


I don't know about you, but I expect a lot from this amazing life I've been given. I want to travel, encourage my kids to live their best lives (and be responsible), stay passionate about my marriage, love and life. And while for some people they may say "we all want that, Kim", I say you're right, but somedays we don't live that way. Seeing it on a daily bases helps to start my day and get me in the right frame of mind - you know, the one that self-doubt sometimes squashes! I have a vision for my life - and I'm going for it!


If you would like more ideas for doing your own vision board leave me a comment - I'll help get you started on your own!!!



Kim

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Song in my Heart

Mindful Monday